When a cold front hits, the electric space heater is a drafty room winter must-have. Whether you are heating a personal space at the office or larger rooms at home, an electric space heater can dramatically improve comfort levels on cold days.
There are many electric space heaters on the market. Here we’ll review the top 10 electric space heaters.
How We Reviewed
We’ve reviewed the ten high-quality electric space heaters on Amazon based on their settings, wattage, performance, dimensions, settings, price, and warranty.
Overall Price Range
A good quality electric space heater options cost between $35 and $100. They equip more expensive space heaters with more refined technology.
The best space heater in the higher price tier may offer precision thermostat control, digital displays, and a remote. Cheaper models rarely have these high-tech features, but can heat a space nonetheless.
10 Best Electric Space Heater Reviews
1. Lasko 6462 Full-Circle Ceramic Space Heater
- Choice of 2 Heat Settings - including high heat and low heat plus an Auto setting make this electric space heater ideal for warming up an area in...
- 3 Heat Sweep Settings - allows this space heater to distribute warm air throughout large rooms. The full circle design allows you to select 90,...
- Adjustable Programmable Thermostat - with digital display allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With an easy to...
- Built-in Safety Features - overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. While a...
- Fully Assembled - allows you to take the heater out of the box and have it working it minutes. Simply plug the heater into a wall outlet, adjust...
The Lasko 6462 Full-Circle Ceramic 1500 watt Space Heater has a programmable thermostat with digital displays. The heat settings include low, high, and automatic.
Choose from three heat sweep oscillation settings to blow warm air through the room at angles ranging from 90 degrees to a full 360 degrees. Heat settings range from 39 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
The overheat feature automatically turns the space heater off before the exterior becomes too hot to touch. This space heater comes fully constructed so it may be used immediately out of the box.
The filter is easy to clean, and the wireless remote takes 2 AAA batteries. The Lasko 6462 weighs 11.4 pounds and measures 9.2 inches by 8.4 inches by 25 inches.
A three-year warranty covers the Lasko 6462 space heater for owners in the US, US territories, and Canada.
- It warms rooms quickly and efficiently
- The oscillation angle is adjustable
- The machine runs quietly
- The Lasko 6462 Full-Circle doesn’t allow for timed heating
- This space heater doesn’t have a tip-over sensor
- Expensive space heater to use
2. DeLonghi DCH7093ER Space Heater
The 1500 watt ceramic DeLonghi flat paneled space heater has three heat settings: minimum, boost, and ECO. They advertise the ECO energy-saving mode to save up to 40% in electricity costs.
Other functional settings include a 24-hour timer, side-to-side oscillation, and auto shutoff for overheating and tip-over. The space heater has a no-heat fan for the spring or summer months.
The DeLonghi DCH7093ER space heater comes with an intuitive remote to adjust the space heater’s settings from a distance. This machine weighs 4.9 pounds; its dimensions are 6-inches by 10-inches by 13-inches.
DeLonghi backs the DCH7093ER ceramic space heater with a limited one-year warranty.
- Comes with an energy efficient setting
- This space heater as a 24-hour timer
- Comes with a remote
- The DCH7093ER is loud
- May not be suitable for large rooms
- Expensive space heater for the size
3. Heat Storm Phoenix Electric Space Heater
- This portable 1500 watt infrared heater has the power to heat up a small room or office with its 5200 BTU heat output. Two power modes, one uses...
- Our patented heat exchanger with HMS Technology combines with humidity in the room to provide soft, safe heat without reducing oxygen or...
- Small convenient size makes this perfect for any room in the house. Hang it on the wall or set it on the ground thanks to removable feet and wall...
- Built in thermostat with LED display shows you what the ambient temperature is and helps regulate the temperature efficiently. Included remote...
- This heater comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty
The 1500 watt Heat Storm Phoenix inferred space heater with detachable feet has a built-in thermostat and LED display. The space heater uses HMS Technology to work with a room’s humidity to preserve oxygen in the room.
Most suitable for a small room, this space heater has a high and a “green leaf” ECO low setting. The space heater has an automatic shutoff function to detect overheating or the tipping over of the machine. It also has a child safety feature.
The EnergyWise Solutions Heat Storm Phoenix weighs 9 pounds. Dimensions for the space heater are 18.8 inches by 4.5 inches by 12.8 inches.
A limited one-year warranty applies to the Heat Storm Phoenix space heater.
- Stabilizing feet
- Can be mounted on the wall
- Remote works from a long distance
- Nice-looking space heater
- Powerful heat function
- The fans are loud
- Will not heat larger spaces
- More expensive space heater
4. Multifun ETL Space Heater
- 【ETL & UL CERTIFIED SPACE HEATER】This portable space heater is made from flame-retardant materials. With ETL and UL certification, this space...
- 【2 SECONDS WARM-UP】With PTC ceramic heating technology, 1500W output, and high-speed fan, this electric heater put out tons of heater to heat...
- 【ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT】This small space heater features an adjustable thermostat control dial, easily preset the thermostat within the range...
- 【ATTRACTIVE & PRACTICAL DESIGN】Dimensions: 6 in x 6.7 in x 7 in and 38.8 oz light weight compact portable heater easy to carry around with...
- 【WARM TIPS & WARRANTY】We provide 90-DAY MONEY BACK and 12-MONTH WARRANTY. SAFETY NOTICES: 1. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot...
The Multifun 1500 watt ceramic space heater is a metal bodied portable space heater for indoor or outdoor use. This space heater has fast two-second heating with an adjustable thermostat range from 41 degrees to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Multifun space heater includes a self-regulating thermostat to prevent overheating for temperatures over 178 degrees Fahrenheit.
Multifun’s metal space heater weighs 2.35 pounds and measures 7.1 inches by 6.5 inches by 5.9 inches.
Multifun provides a 90-day return policy and a 2-year warranty for this portable space heater.
- They make the body from metal instead of plastic
- The space heater doesn’t overheat until very high temperatures
- Small but powerful design
- Doesn’t have a tip-over safety feature
- The machine doesn’t oscillate
- Doesn’t come with a remote
5. Lasko 101 My Heat Personal Electric Space Heater
- KEEPS YOU WARM AT WORK – At 200-Watts and 682 BTUs, this low wattage mini space heater is ideal for use under the desk to keep your feet and...
- YOUR PERSONAL SPACE HEATER – At 6 inches tall with a 4” x 4” footprint, this cute, small electric heater takes up minimal desktop space and...
- EASY TO USE – No assembly required. Simply take it out of the box and plug it in to a standard 120v wall outlet. This energy-efficient, indoor...
- YEAR ROUND USE – Tired of always being cold at work in the winter? Is your cube right under the AC vent in the summer? If this sounds familiar,...
- TRUSTED FOR GENERATIONS – Lasko has been making quality products for over 100 years. MyHeat is ETL Listed and comes with Automatic Overheat...
The 200 watt Lasko 101 My Heat personal ceramic space heater is an energy-efficient micro model great for the desktop of tiny spaces. The plastic exterior stays cool to the touch when running.
The compact design measures 3.8-inches by 4.3 inches by 6.1-inches and weighs a single pound. The Lasko 101 My Heat is a personal space heater designed for close proximity use.
Lasko gives a 3-year warranty for the 101 My Heat Personal Space Heater.
- The space heater keeps energy expenditures low
- Long three-year warranty
- Inexpensive space heater
- Doesn’t get as hot as models that aren’t energy efficient
- Doesn’t heat
6. Air Choice 1500W Space Heater
The Air Choice 1500 watt intelligent portable ceramic space heater comes with a variety of exciting features encased in an attractive wooden cabinet.
The space heater is fully programmable from a touchscreen display. It has a thermostat, overheat sensor, tip-over automatic shutoff, on and off timer, and convenient remote control.
The thermostat allows you to set temperatures from 59 degrees to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Air blows through three settings in the machine including high, low, and ECO mode.
This space heater weighs 16 pounds and measures 12-inches by 10.8-inches, by 14.3-inches. The space heater requires 2 AAA batteries for the remote.
Air Choice’s space heater comes with a one-year warranty.
- Nice wooden exterior
- Cooldown fans run upon shutting the space heater off
- This space heater gets warm quickly
- The heater makes some noticeable noises
- Relatively small space heater for the price
7. Geek-2016 Heaters Portable Electric Space Heater
The Geek-2016 ceramic electric 950-watt space heater has three settings: high, low, and fan-only. This space heater spins at a 60-degree oscillation angle. Features include a heat resistant plastic body construction, overheating sensors, tip-over protection, and energy-efficient technology.
This ultra compact space heater weighs only 2.4 pounds. Product dimensions for the Geek-2016 space heater are 5 inches by 5 inches by 8 inches. They designed this space heater for a smaller space such as a bedroom or office.
Warranty information isn’t available for the Geek-2016 space heater. Contact the seller before purchasing this space heater for more information.
- Small and portable space heater
- Has tip over and overheat protection
- Energy-efficient space heater model
- The space heater doesn’t come with a remote
- It’s not suitable for larger spaces
8. Soulcker Portable Space Heater
The Soulcker 1500 watt ceramic space heater has a high, low, and fan-only mode that heats in two seconds. Features for the space heater include automatic shutoff for overheating and tip-overs and a back handle for safe transport.
This space heater by Soulcker weighs only 2.4 pounds and measures 6.5 inches by 4.2 inches by 11.2 inches. This space heater is made for personal spaces and small rooms.
The warranty covers 18 months of ownership for this portable space heater by Soulcker.
- Heats quickly
- Quiet space heater
- The power cord is six feet long
- Inexpensive space heater
- The Soulcker 1500 watt overheats quickly
- Doesn’t come with a remote
- Won’t heat a large room
9. COMLIFE Space Heater
The COMLIFE 950 watt ceramic space heater heats within two seconds through PTC heating plates. It has three settings for high and low heat, plus a fan-only setting. Features include automatic shutoff if the machine overheats or tips over and the capacity for 90-degree oscillation.
The portable and lightweight COMLIFE space heater weighs a mere 2.43 pounds. It measures at 5.3 inches by 5.3 inches by 8.2inches. The space heater comes with an ergonomic back handle to move it from room to room easily. This space heater works best in a small room.
The ceramic space heater by COMLIFE is backed by a limited one-year warranty.
- Hot space heater for small rooms or office use
- A durable and portable space heater
- A quiet space heater even during oscillation
- The fan doesn’t stop spinning even when not blowing hot air
- The machine will only run when on a flat surface
- This space heater won’t heat large or very drafty rooms
10. NEXGADGET Personal Space Heater
The NEXGADGET 950 watt personal all-season space heater has three control settings including fast heating, moderate heating, and fan-only. The machine swings in a 90-degree oscillation motion.
Settings on the machine include: power saving, adjustable thermostat, overheat turnoff, and tip-over turnoff. This space heater heats within three-seconds.
This space heater by NEXGADGET weighs 2.43 pounds and measures 5.3 inches by 5.3 inches by 8.2 inches.
The NEXTGADGET personal space heater has a limited one-year warranty.
- Affordably priced space heater
- Small and easy to transport
- Produces good heat
- The NEXTGADGET space heater isn’t made from the finest materials
- This space heater doesn’t have a timer
- The machine overheats easily
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is an Electric Space Heater?
An electric space heater is a small electrical appliance that generates heat. An electric space heater is used to heat a targeted area. These areas include single rooms or small personal spaces such as an office cubicle. Space heaters are not intended to heat entire homes or very large spaces.
2. What Does an Electric Space Heater Do?
Space heaters can support heat from a furnace or function as a standalone heat source. When used as supplemental heating, an electric space heater can keep heating costs lower.
This is because they supply heat only to areas that need warmer temperatures instead of an entire building.
3. How Does an Electric Space Heater Work?
Space heaters generate heat depending on the technology in the machine. There are three types of heating mechanisms available in space heaters: convection heaters, infrared heaters, and heat pumps.
4. Where Can You Buy Them?
An excellent collection of electric space heaters is available online at Amazon. Some other most popular vendors selling the best electric space heater models include Best Buy, Target, Lowes, Walmart, and the Home Depot.
5. Are Space Heaters Safe?
Most modern space heaters come with built-in safety features. These features include sensors that automatically shut the heater off when it grows too hot.
Sensors may also shut the machine off when it has been tipped over. Other safety features include built-in handles to move the product and child safety locks.
Finding the best electric space heater for your needs comes down to knowing what you want from the space heater. Every model we’ve reviewed is one of the top 10 electric space heater models on the market in 2019. This means all the space heaters we’ve reviewed are highly rated by most users.
That said, many people buy the wrong space heater for their needs. If you want a very hot space heater, look for at least 1500 watts. An ECO space heater running at a very low wattage is great for conserving energy and reducing energy bills, but it will not get very hot.
Always consider the size of the room you want to heat. A high-quality electric space heater for a large room isn’t a good idea to use at a desk in an office.